Friday, February 1, 2008

I FEEL LONELY

I'm all alone in our apartment. Everybody's out and I'm the only one left. I had a tiring day. I'm getting tired of my job, but I have to keep at it because I have to bring home the bacon, so to speak.

I know that I am loved by family and friends. A friend of mine just recently declared that she considers me her best friend. I do, too. I love her a lot and I consider her a blessing. I share a very close and loving relationship with my brother and my sister who both live with me. They both love me, I know that for sure. Plus, I have a lot of friends, near and far, who never fail to show their love and support. On the surface, there shouldn't be any reason for me to feel lonely. But there's a gnawing feeling of emptiness that I have to deal with every day.

I made a heart-wrenching decision recently and I have no regrets although it was very difficult for me to make that decision. I'm healing now and I know that it's just a matter of time before I can honestly say that I'm over my ex-love. I don't cry anymore although I still long for this person sometimes. I just miss the company and the friendship we once shared.

I miss having somebody to love. I think this is why I feel very lonely. Sure I have a lot of friends and my family is always here for me. But I cannot relate with them with the same depth as I would a sweetheart. I remember reading a book by Tony Robbins and coming across a passage that says, "Loneliness is a signal that you need to connect with someone at a certain level." How true.

I don't want to enter into a relationship for the wrong reasons. I don't want to be a "user" or an emotional parasite. I know it's not the right time for me to be with someone because I'm still recovering from my recent heartbreak. Oh, but my heart yearns to love again!

No comments: